Wig Studio 1 News
All #blogs #crazywiglady #ellenwille #blogs #ellenwillesunset 2 new styles 20 new colors 3 new styles 4 new styles 5 new styles Acceptance accessories acrylic adhesives adjustable cap adjustments advantage age aging airport Alopecia Alopecia Wigs AMARA WIG amber rock american cancer society amore amorewig amorewigs asymmetric autumn AVALON WIG backup bald baldness bamboo caps bands bangs barrettes basic cap bathing cap bathingcap be kind beach beat the heat beautiful Beautiful illusion topper beauty myths belle tress belle tress wigs belletress betty big hair bio hair bio hair care biological hair black hair blading blended blended color blended shades blog blogger blogging blogs blonde blonde hair blonde highlights blonde roots blonde wigs blow drier blow dryer blue eyes bob bobbie pins bobby pin bold highlights box hair braiding braids brand brands breakage breathable wigs british milk tea british museum brown eyes brown hair brunette budget business buy buy a wig buying a new wig buying a wig by pass Caelen caliente wig cameron lite wig cancer cap cap construction cap liner cap security cap size cap style capless caps carrie lite wig ca[ center part Challenges change change your look chich china choosing a wig choosing the right wig christmas circumference classic cool wig by raquel welch clean wig cleaning clearance clearance wigs clearane clients clips clothes clumping co-workers coating collapsible collapsible wig stand collapsible wigstand collection colleugues color color change color range color wig color/shade color/tone colored roots colorful wigs coloring colors comb combing combs comfort comfortable comments communication complexion compliment compromise concerns condition conditioner conditioning confidence confident cons construction consultant cool cost country covering hair crave the wave topper critiques crowd pleaser crown curlers curling curly hair curly wig curves ahead customer service cut cute cute wigs cuticle layer dalgona wig damaging hair damp hair dance till dawn dark dark hair dark roots dating davings dermatologist detangler Detective difficult dirty dozen dissappointed DIY Don't give up donate donate a wig dos and don'ts doublemonofilament doubt dress dry dry scalp dry shampoo ear tab easipart eat to ear educate Egypt Egyptian wigs eighteenth century elastic elderly elegant ellen wille ellen wille wig ellenwille ellenwillewigs embrace gray emotional impact emotions england escape estetica exercise expectations extensions face face shape face structure facebook facebook group facebook poll facing fears fair fashion fake fake looking fake wig fall family fashion fashion forward fears fears behind fears of going gray feel right feelings ferrara fiber fibers find the right wig finding a wig finding the right style finge first wig fit flat flat colors flattering flexibility forever chic france freedom friends fringe frizz front lace front lace wig front to back frustrated fullness at the crown fun Gabor gaborwigs generation german get rid of the wiggy look get to know your wig giveaway glue going gray going grey good news good quality gorgeous gray collection grace grace' gray gray hair gray shades gray wigs green eyes grey grey wigs grief grips grow back guilty hair hair braiding hair care hair color hair expert hair falling out hair fears hair fibers hair helper hair intervention hair loss hair loss fears hair loss studies hair power hair products hair pulling hair rollers hair shades hair shape hair spray hair style hair styles hair stylist hair texture hair tips hair tone hair toppers hair volume hairdo hairdowigs hairdresser hairguide hairhelper hairline hairloss hairstyles hairstylist hand made hand tied hand tied wig hand-tied hand-tied wig happy HARPER WIG head head band head measurements head scarf head shape head size head top head wrap headwrap health healthy hair Heat Friendly Care Restoration Heat Friendly wig heat styling heatfriendly heatresistant help help others helper hair Henry Margu holiday holiday gathering holiday season holiday wig holidays hollywood how it's made how to how to pick out a wig how wigs are made human behavioe human hair human hair wigs humanhairwig humanhairwigs hurdle illusion in charge by raquel welch india inexpensive wigs information inspect inspect a wig inspecting wigs intervention intimacy invest investment irritated irritated scalp It’s All About the Wig Cap japan Jon Renau jon renau colors jon renau lite jon renau new jon renau new colors jon renau new styles jon renau smartlace lite jon renau topper jon renau wigs JR judge kaylee wig Kendall wig kiss kristen lace cap lace front lace front wig lace front wigs lace top lacefront layered style layers learning learning about wigs learning curve length less wiggy life style lifestyle light light hair lighter lace front lite lite wigs long hair long hair wig long layers long wig long wigs longer hair looking for a new style loose curls love love your wig low density wig lucurious luminous luminous white luxury maintenance maisie makeup manufacturer mariah marriage match your outfit matching color maya wig measure head media medical treatment medium length mid-length mid-lengthbuy midnight miranda lite wig miranda wig mirror mission mist mist color Mistakes mixed fiber wigs modacrylic model modern modern technique modixx modixx collection moisturize money mono-part mono-top monofilament monofilament part monofilamet moonlight grey more wigs most popular multi-cultural multi-tone muse muse by raquel welch my discussions natural natural color natural hair natural hair line natural look natural petite negativity new new collection new colors new jon renau new jr new look new looks new me new style new styles new to wigs new wig new wig style new wig styles new wig wearers new wigs new year newstyles no hair no rule no visible part non-wig wearers noticeable november nylon ocean october old age old stlyes old style old styles old wig old wigs older older women ombre onda onda wig open cap open weft open wefting opinions options order today overcoming challenges overheat pale grey parts party partyallnight past pay pay more attention peace pepper wig color peppercorn perfect hair permanent hair loss permatease permateases permatese personal pick a color picking out a color picking out a wig piemonte pixie pixie cut pixie cuts pixie style platinum playful polyester pool popular style porous fabric portrait mode positivity pre-order prejudiced preorder pressure pressure to be perfect prevent hair damage prfessional processing hair loss product products pros Psychological Challenges pulling my hair out pulling out hair pulls hair out quality quality wigs questions questions about wigs quetions quinn wig raquel welch raquel welch wigs ready for take off ready for takeoff real hair real hair wigs real wig wears receding hairlines red red hair relationships remy human hair rene of paris rescue wig research responses reviving reviving old wigs rica right style rimini rollers romance romantic relationships roots rules rw RW muse sale salon salt & pepper salt and pepper salt and pepper color salt and pepper gray saving money saving time savvy scalp scarf scarves sea salt spray season seasoned wig wearer secret secure wig securing your wig self care self-esteem senior Sensitive Scalp shaded cappuccino shades of gray shampoo shamppo shape shaping share shine shiny hair shiny wig shinyhair shoes shopping short hair short hair wigs short wig short wigs shorter wig shorter wigs should i tell side part silicone based silver silver hair size size part skill skin tone skylar wig sleep with wig sleeping with wig smart lace lite smartlace lite social media soft color soft lace softies solutions spain special occasion spray bottle spring SS cappuccino stay put wig grip storage store your wig storing is clean stormy straight hair stress stress free stress of wearing wigs struggles style style and color styledwigs styles styling styling options styling wigs stylish wig stylist suffering summer summer styles summer wigs summerwigs sun hat support support group sweet escape swimming swimming with wig swiss lace synthetic synthetic fibers synthetic hair synthetic wigs t-pins tags talking tangling tape telling others tension textured hair The Good and The Challenges the group therapy thinning hair thinning hair losing hair three new styles tight time tips TLC tone too tight top top coverage topics topper topper collection topper size topper styles toppers towel travel travel side conditioner travel size travel size shampoo travel sized travel sized products traveling traveling with wigs trend alert trend alert gabor trend alert wig Trichotillomania Trichotillomania Wigs trim hair trim wig trust try a new wig try out wigs tSA twix two new styles uncomfortable upkeep upstage vacation velvet vendors ventilating wig vickie lynn video vintage wigs virgin hair volume warm weather wash wash wig washing washing your wig water water & wigs water activities water and wigs wave waves wavey hair wavy wavy bob wavy days wavy hair wavy wig wear and tear wearable webiste website wedding weft wefted cap wefting weird hairstyles wet wigs what to say where to start which style white wig wig 101 wig adhesive wig bag wig bands wig basics wig benefits wig blog wig blogs wig box wig boxes wig brand wig brands wig brudh wig brush wig cap wig caps wig care wig carrier wig cercumference wig challenges wig choices wig cinditioner wig clips wig coating wig collection wig color wig colors wig comb wig comfort wig cost wig dating wig discussion wig diy wig drips wig education wig experiences wig fiber wig fibers wig fit wig glue wig grip wig hair wig hairspray wig heads wig inspection wig journey wig knowledge wig length wig liner wig maintenance wig measure wig mistakes wig part wig pictures wig pin wig pins wig products wig questions wig relationship wig repair wig rescue wig research wig reviews wig romance wig sale wig scarf wig security wig shade wig shampoo wig shape wig shop wig size wig spray wig stand wig storage wig structure wig studio 1 wig studio 1 blog wig studio 1 facebook wig studio 1 team wig style wig styles wig styles on youtube wig styling wig support wig tape wig tips wig topic wig type Wig videos wig volume wig washing wig wearer wig wearers wig wearing wig wears wig wisdom wig worry wig wrap wig-wearing wigblog wigconstruction wiggy wigMistakes wigmodels wigs wigs at the beach wigs for older women wigs vacation wigstduio 1 wigstudio1 willow wig winter women wonderful wonderful styles worry wrap young younger youtube
Top Ten Ways to Extend the Life of Your Wigs
- Understand Your Wig Cap’s Construction: Is it hand-tied, machine wefted, lace front, mono top, mono crown, mono part?
- Respect Your Fibers: Read any manufacturer’s care instructions or do a search to find out how to care for your wig fibers. Fiber composition makes a big difference in how to care for your wig. Human hair, blended (human hair with synthetic), heat-friendly or not—they all have different needs.
- Use the Correct Brush or Comb: It’s helpful to get into the habit of combing through your wig after taking it off. Gently (and with the appropriate comb type) remove any tangles. Smoothing and separating the hair fibers before storage will not only keep your wig looking its best, but it will be ready for wear the next time without worry. Always comb in small sections, slowly, starting at the ends and moving toward the crown. Careful of pulling too hard. You don’t want to unknot any fibers from the crown.
- Store Your Wig with Care: Everyone seems to have their own method. If you rotate your wigs a lot, keeping them out and on wig heads/stands is fine. If you have too many for that, you can store them in the box they came in, careful to make sure the fibers are not twisted or out of shape if you will be storing them for longer periods. Some people hang them from pegs or similar setups. If you are using boxes, remember to store them so that you can read the name on the box for easier access.
- Watch That Heat, Please: This is always a scary thing the first time you try it on your wig. Remember that synthetic hair does not respond like human hair. Start with the lowest temperature that is advised rather than the highest. Unfortunately, prolonged exposure to high temperatures will shorten the life of your synthetic wig or topper.
- Don’t over-wash! Washing your wig, especially over time, will cause some shedding and a slight loss of density, no matter how gentle you are. Everyone is different, and you can adjust the when to wash rules to you based on several things: how many hours a day your wear the wig, does your head sweat, how many products do you use, to name a few. If you take the wig off and can smell the wig cap, that’s a clue. If your fibers seem to be sticking together, that’s a clue. If your fibers look dull and lifeless…yes, a clue. You get the idea. Use good judgment, and with the idea in mind that the more you wash, the shorter the lifespan.
- Use Silicone-Based Products: (and other products) On Your Wig, sparingly. Over time, the use of any product will cause a buildup that can result in a lifeless, dry, and flat look. A thoroughly washing is the only answer.
- Don’t Sleep in Your Wig: Both static and sweat cause frizz, often resulting in tangles which will result in damaged fibers, and so on. It’s not worth it.
- Don’t wear your wig to the gym: No matter how cute that guy is at the gym that you want to impress or how much more attractive you feel with your wig on in general, think twice. If you must wear a wig, set aside one wig, maybe one that is shorter, and aging, one that you only wear for this one thing. Otherwise, opt for another type of headgear.
- Don’t Wear Your Wig in a Swimming Pool: The chemicals in the water are not your wig’s friend. Invest in a head wrap, bathing cap, or if you do go in and don’t plan to get your wig wet at all…. but you do, rinse it out immediately and condition it lightly, letting it air dry overnight before trying to comb through.
Your wig is an investment, both financially and emotionally. With a little thought and care, it will last you a long time and help you look your best along the way.
Please see WigStudio1 videos for more on wig care. There is a great store of information on the site.
Until next time, can you believe it’s time to think about holiday hair?
November 08, 2021 — Vickie Lynn