WS1 | First Access Launch with Gabor! 2023 Spring Luxury Collection
Wig Studio 1 is teaming up with Gabor for their 2023 Spring launch. These 3 NEW styles will be available EXCLUSIVELY to our Wig Studio 1 clients for one whole week! From March 25th through March 31st get ready to be among the first to purchase one, or ALL, of Gabor's new Spring styles; Royal Tease, Let's Lambada, and Mod About You. This collection will be available to the general public after Gabor's official launch on April 1st.
Gabor 2023 Spring Luxury Collection
If you like a style that gives you the freedom to play, just run your fingers through the shattered layers of this lightweight, cropped shag. Jazz it up or brush it smooth. Piece out to create texture. Wear off the face or with a fringe. Make it your own. The choice is yours! Royal Tease features an extended lace front and extended velvet nape with velvet ear tabs.
Get ready to dance the night away in this gently waved short crop. Soft layering throughout, an asymmetrical tapered bang, and its closely cropped nape will have you stepping out in style. Let's Lambada features a hidden weft front, open ear tabs and a velvet nape.
Mod About You
The gentle, undulating wave in this trendy blunt bob gives it a fresh, undone look. An extended lace front lets you wear away from the face or half up/half down. With its light and airy design and natural density, it’s the must-have addition to this season’s wig wardrobe. Along with the extended lace front, Mod About You features an extended velvet nape, velvet ear tabs and a monofilament part.
Shop all Gabor wigs here!
Is Your Wig a Plus or Minus?
(Wig shown above: KATE WIG BY ENVY)
We all know that our hairstyle, color, and length can make a difference in how we look, and how we are seen by others. I’d bet that most of us have known someone who took ten years off their age by cutting and/or coloring their hair. When you are a new wig wearer it’s hard to be objective. The idea is to make us look better while giving us an acceptable level of comfort and security. A wig is an investment, so it must become a plus not a minus for us.
Yes, we want to look better, whatever our version is of that. But, as I mentioned, it’s sometimes hard to be objective about ourselves. When you put on that wig, do you look better? It’s all about what draws the eye. Where do you want your focal points to be? I know that at my age I don’t want them at my chin and neck, so I look for styles that have a bit more going on at the crown. I know that my face though not round, is a bit wide, so I try to keep styles below my cheeks rather than at my cheeks. We all have our challenges, and that prompted me to seek a professional stylist advice over the years.
Though wigs are different from natural hair in a lot of ways, the same rules apply when it comes to color, length, and style—for you individually. Most of us have learned through research and/or trial and error what does not work for us. Trial and error can work but can also be costly and frustrating. You may have researched it and talked to your stylists about what works best for you. There is nothing worse than getting what you thought was the perfect wig and finding it is not perfect for you, but rather perfect for the wig model.
The following are some of the questions the experts get asked time and time again, and I can see why because they were my questions and concerns too.
“The Most Asked” questions and concerns from stylists’ clients:
1. Center parts—not for everyone. They can make you look older. It takes away from the fullness of the crown. If you are young, it’s not so much a concern. Most people do tend to look better with more fullness at the crown. It draws the eye upward.
2. An ongoing should older women have long hair debate: If your hair is too long it can make you look older. They agreed that it doesn’t have to be short to work best for mature women, but long hair draws the face down, the eye down, especially with heavier bottom ends styles with a lot of volume. Do you want people to focus on your chin and neck? For longer styles think layers and less density. Women of all ages can wear long hair and look good, but the style and color can be crucial.
3. Manage your expectations. Understand what your style really is – meaning, what you like and what looks best on you may not be the same thing. Also, make sure you are using volume in the right places. How does your hairstyle work with you or against you to compliment your face?
4. If you have a full or very round face, watch for too much volume on the sides near the cheeks. A lot of hair there will make your face look wider. Try for more volume on top and a longer style that comes under the chin—not at the chin and curving around to accentuate more roundness.
5. If you have a long face, go for that side fullness and less volume on top. You can still wear longer styles if you like, just balance the hair with the face. Bangs are also good for long faces.
6. Where do you want the focus? What features do you want to highlight, or dimmish?
7. Bangs – handle with care was their advice. No thick straight across cut bangs unless you have a long face and even then, it can be tricky depending on the style. Thick straight bangs will “close your face” and make a round face look even more so. Their advice for most bang lovers is to keep it light, and don’t cover your entire forehead, ever. Keep your face open by making sure your forehead can be seen, at least part of it.
8. Color can make all the difference. Natural hair is not just one color. For wigs, you must have some shading and dimension to look natural. Know what colors work for you. For example, gold-blondes tend to age some people depending on their skin tone and undertones. For some people ashy shades make them look ill or washed out. Learn if you are cool, warm, or neutral in the color family, and pick your hair colors appropriately. A special note for over the fifties: Going too dark can look harsh and fake. Better to lighten up, and don’t be afraid to go salt and pepper or silver/gray.
9. Layers are important for styling, they keep things more balanced, and the look is less heavy.
10. Don’t use too much product. If your hair won’t move it dates your style, and makes you look older.
11. Visit a stylist and let him or her make your wig more you—have it tweaked to bring out the best in the wig so that your wig will bring out the best in you. It is a good investment especially if you have an expensive wig and wear it every day.
12. Be open to trying new styles. There is nothing that dates you more than keeping the same style for too many years.
Hope you picked up some useful tips.
Until next time,
NEW WAVY DAY WIG BY RAQUEL WELCH!
WAVY DAY WIG BY RAQUEL WELCH
Have you heard? Raquel Welch's NEW wig Wavy Day is available NOW!
ORDER TODAY! Available in over 30 colors!
Wig Studio 1